With the full support and encouragement of the St. Christopher National Trust (SCNT), 2002 saw the official opening of our National Museum in the Old Treasury building. Erected in 1894. this proud building served as the gateway to the city of Basseterre for decades and housed many ministries and departments of government over the years. Today it is one of our most important historical and architectural monuments. In 2008, displays were expanded and rearranged to further forge our island's identity and strengthen national pride among our citizens. One new display commemorates the 25th Anniversary of our independence.